Causes & Treatments Available For Premature Ejaculation
The web has become the first and often the only port of call for men experiencing problems with premature ejaculation. The problem being that with so much conflicting information doing the rounds, it can be difficult to know what to believe.
So to help clarify a few of the most important points, what follows is a brief rundown of the most common causes and effective treatments available for premature ejaculation.
What Causes Premature Ejaculation?
PE is a complex condition as there is often no single identifiable cause for each respective case. Instead, it is a multifactorial problem attributed to a wide variety of physical and psychological issues, often in combination with one another.
From stress to anxiety to depression to any number of underlying health problems, PE is never particularly easy to diagnose. Nevertheless, isolating and identifying the root cause of the problem is the very best way of selecting the most appropriate treatment.
Some of the most common causes of premature ejaculation include excessive use of drugs and alcohol, confidence issues, diseases of the prostate and general anxiety about sex. As is the case with all such conditions, the first and most effective step in the path towards successful treatment is acknowledging the issue in the first place.
What Are the Best PE Treatment Options?
Exactly which treatment option represents the best option available will be determined by the individual case respectively. There are various different treatments available, which can be used independently or in conjunction with one another.
Examples of which include:
- Prescription medication. Advances in prescription medication have resulted in the development of drugs like Priligy which in clinical trials have been shown to have a marked improvement on even the more severe cases. Online pharmacies are the best place to buy and find out more information on Priligy
- Local anaesthetic creams. These topicals are available over-the-counter as a wide variety of products. Typically supplied in the form of creams or gels, the solution is applied directly to the penis around 15 minutes before sex, in order to reduce sensation and prolong ejaculation.
- Special condoms. There are also condoms available that come pre-treated with mild anaesthetic ingredients. Alternatively, sensation can be effectively reduced by using thicker condoms.
- Behavioural techniques. In instances where the basis of the problem is purely psychological, it may be possible to reduce or even reverse it entirely through strategic behavioural techniques.
- More practice. Of course, it could also be that the solution to premature ejaculation lies in practice. Particularly when it comes to nervousness and anxiety regarding sexual encounters, practice really can make perfect.
In all instances, it’s a good idea to book a professional consultation, in order to discuss your specific case and the most appropriate treatment available. Even if you’ve tried unsuccessfully to address premature ejaculation before, there are always additional avenues to explore that could prove more effective.
Make no mistake about it – PE is anything but a rare condition. Millions of men of all ages worldwide experience PE at some point during their life, it’s just that the vast majority choose to suffer in silence.