Things to remember before laser hair removal treatment
There are so many different types of hair removal treatments these days that it can be confusion which one to choose. It’s better to do your research snd read about the different methods before going for one ideal to you.
Laser hair removal is an extremely popular hair treatment that is now very popular. There are however some tips you need to keep in mind before getting your treatments done.
- Use a daily sunscreen of SPF more than 30 on all areas especially the areas that are exposed. This helps in preventing or reducing hyperpigmentation or darkening of the skin.
- It is normal to experience some slight discomfort and see a little redness after every treatment as heat is being used on your skin. However this will subside within a few hours. Ensure you apply moisturising oils or creams to keep your skin soft and hydrated.
- Avoid exposing the treated areas to sun for a few weeks. This includes visiting sun tanning salons as well.
- The treated areas should not be exposed to extreme heat and you should try to avoid doing extreme exercise or swimming or running where you might sweat a lot.
- In order for the results to be visible, it could take anywhere from four to six weeks however you need to be regular with your treatments and get them as advised by your medical professional.
- Avoid harsh scrubbing or exfoliating of the treatment areas a few days after the treatment. This includes both manual and physical exfoliation. Peel and scrubs should not be used at all or they will aggravate the area.
- If your underarm is being treated, avoid deodorants and anti perspirants for a day or two and if it’s your face that’s being treated, avoid creams and heavy makeup for that day as well. Give your skin some space to breathe and don’t clog it with products.
- Ensure you keep the area dry and clean at all times.
- One week after your hair removal treatment, you should exfoliate the areas treated every few days which will help to prevent any bumps or ingrown hairs. This will also help to keep the skin smooth and hair free.
Things to remember for your next laser treatments
- Ensure you shave the area you wish to be treated. Do this after your first consultation so you know which treatment is suitable for you.
- Don’t wax as it is essential for the specialist performing the treatment to see visible roots in order for the treatments to be successful. In case you decide to use a shaving cream, you will need to wait at least a month and half before you can have your next laser hair removal treatment.
- Avoid extreme exposure to heat or sunlight for at least two weeks before your next appointment. This also includes spray tanning and solariums.
- Avoid bleaching the hair which needs to be removed. In case you bleach it, you will need to wait until the hair goes back to its original colour.
If you follow the above tips, you will surely have a good experience getting your first laser treatment.