Writing an Essay Introduction as Art
Do not know what to start your essay with? Have some problems with structuring your composition? No ideas about the title? Our service can help you to work all these problems out. Here you can get helpful pieces of advice or get custom writing. If you want to know how to write such a part of an essay as the introduction, read the article below.
Beginning Can Be a Real Challenge
It happens that you do not know how to start your essay. These general rules can make your task easier.
- You are about to start an essay. That means that you have already chosen a topic and now the main thing is elaborate on it thoroughly. The introduction should contain a “hook” and a thesis statement.
- From the very word “hook” you can understand that it is something catching someone, in our case, something is an interesting opening sentence, and someone is your reader. So, this is a catch sentence that makes a person interested.
- The role of hook can be played by an anecdote, a joke, an amazing fact, a quote, a fact from your life,etc. As for jokes, they are appropriate not for every essay, as there are serious topics where no jokes can be. You have either to make your readers laugh, or to shock them, or to intrigue them. For the topic connected with the generation gap, this can be an example of a good attention grabber:
“The children now love luxury. They have bad manner, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”
- Ok, we have chosen a Socrates’s quote as a hook. Now the task is to move to the thesis statement. If it is not possible to do this just after the hook, add some connective sentences like these:
Do you think that it is about modern youth?Nothing like this. This quotation belongs to Socrates living more than two thousand years ago.
- Now it is time to formulate the very topic of your essay:
But the truth is that the generation gap still exists.
- So, let us put all of these together:
“The children now love luxury. They have bad manner, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.” Do you think that it is about modern youth? Nothing like this. This quotation belongs to Socrates living more than two thousand years ago. But the truth is that the generation gap still exists.
This is an example of a good introduction. And as you know, a good beginning makes a good ending.
Choose Our Essay Writing Service to Help You
If you are not good at essay writing or you do not have enough free time for this, trust us to cope with your assignment. We guarantee a high quality and following all the style requirements. Our writers are all professionals with many years of experience, and before we start our cooperation we check each and every writer`s knowledge. We completeour orderson time and without plagiarism. Rely on us!