9 Weight Loss Exercises: Lose Weight Effectively at Home
With the pandemic still raging and gyms remaining close for the foreseeable future, a lot of people are finding it hard to keep the weight off. Now, more than ever, people are spending a lot of time at home. You may think that just because you need to stay home that you can’t exercise effectively. That simply isn’t the case. An effective weight loss plan that includes home exercise should be part of your daily routine.
It can be hard to follow good weight loss tips and exercise at home during this time. In today’s article, we present 9 of the most effective home exercises to keep you in shape. Let’s get started.
- Push-Ups – Push-ups are great for upper body strength workouts. If you want to make them a bit easier, try propping your hands on a bench or elevated surface. To work out your chest more, move your hands closer together.
- Weight Training – Lifting free weights in your home is especially beneficial for men. According to Piedmont Healthcare, weight training helps the body produce and release more testosterone. More testosterone production in men leads to a wealth of health benefits, including higher libido, better stress management, and increased muscle growth.
- Leg Lifts – Everyone wants a flatter, more sculpted tummy. You can implement a simple weight loss plan at home that will help you achieve just that. Leg lifts are a great way to burn fat on your belly and build muscle. Simply lay a yoga mat (or carpet or rug) flat on your back, hold your feet together and slowly raise them as high as you can. Try to start with about 5 reps of 5 lifts then work your way up to 10.
- Jumping Jacks – Jumping jacks are a great cardio workout that you can do right in your living room. They burn a decent amount of calories. If you weigh about 150 pounds and do moderately intense jumping jacks for 30 minutes, you can burn up to 153 calories. Of course, if you ramp up the intensity (the speed with which you do your jumping jacks) you stand to burn more calories in the same amount of time.
- Swimming – For those of you who have a pool in the backyard or live in an apartment complex or condo complex that has a pool, swimming is one of the best cardio workouts you can do. Why? Because swimming gets your heart rate up, it works out nearly every muscle in your body, and it is very low impact. This may be of special interest to anyone with joint problems.
- Superman Stretches – This is another exercise you can do with a yoga mat in virtually any room of your house – and it is especially helpful for burning belly fat. All you have to do is lie flat on your stomach, then lift your arms and legs off the ground as far as you can. Lower them to the ground again and repeat this process as many times as you can for about 30 seconds.
- Jumping Lunges – Plyometric exercise is one of the best weight loss tips for athletes because studies have shown that the balance training involved is better for sport-specific performance. Jumping lunges are a great plyometric exercise that you can do at home. Make sure you have plenty of space. Do a normal lung where you stand up straight, then bring one leg forward as you bring the opposite arm behind you. From this lunging position, jump in the air and land with the opposite leg in the forward position.
- Yoga – Yoga is a very popular practice at home because there are tons of YouTube courses you can take for free. Yoga is a great practice for the body and mind. Not to mention, it increases flexibility and tensile muscle strength.
- One-Legged Jumps – This is another good exercise to increase your balance and strengthen your core and leg muscles. Start by standing straight up with both feet on the ground. Then, bend one leg at the knee so that you are standing on one leg. On the leg you are standing on, try to bend down at the knee as far as you can (the ideal is to be able to touch the ground with your hands). Then, as you raise yourself back up on one leg, try to jump up as high as you can. Repeat this (while alternating the standing leg) as many times as you can in one minute.
Other Things You Can Do
Many studies have shown that weight loss supplements if they contain the right ingredients, can greatly contribute to any of your weight loss efforts. Sometimes, we all need a little help no matter how dedicated we are to exercise and healthy eating.
That’s where weight loss supplements come in. The best ones will feature natural ingredients that have thorough and conclusive clinical testing.
Skald Oxydynamic Fat Scorcher is one supplement that has gained a lot of attention. It contains green tea leaf extract, juniper extract, and tyrosine to help raise your metabolic rate and suppress unhealthy food cravings.
But even with the best supplements, you will not see any results unless you are committed to regular exercise and are eating right.
You can do any of the exercises on our list right in the comfort of your own home, so there are no more excuses to get back in shape. Remember, if you need a little help, try a quality weight loss supplement.
Skald Oxydanmic Fat Scorcher may be a good place to start shopping, but consider that everyone’s body is different and will react to supplement formulas in different ways.